Surgical developments have advanced tremendously since the thirteenth century when two magnifying lenses were riveted together to form the first eye glasses. Today, developments in vision-correction surgery can minimize or eliminate a person’s dependency on glasses or contact lenses and potentially improve their vision to better than 20/20.
It’s not surprising that people with vision-problems are encouraged by the array of new procedures and technologies. When investigating which vision-correction procedure will work best for you, it’s important to research their advantages and disadvantages. It’s also important to know what to expect before, during and after the procedure. But, above all, you must have trust in your vision-correction surgeon.
An educated patient can significantly improve their success rate by understanding their procedure options and selecting an experienced vision-correction professional. Our doctors undergo extensive training for each vision-correction procedure or technology implemented at the Laser Eye Center. Collectively, the surgeons and staff at Laser Eye Center of Los Angeles and Orange County have over 26 years of training in refractive surgery and performed over 200,000 vision-correction procedures.
Currently, the Laser Eye Center of Los Angeles and Orange County offers the following procedures:
- LASIK – Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis, permanently changes the shape of the cornea and is used to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
- Custom LASIK – Custom LASIK uses two exciting new technologies, the CUSTOMWave® and the CUSTOMCORNEA® system to reshape your cornea to reduce or eliminate both lower and higher order aberrations.
- PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy) – PRK, Photorefractive Keratectomy, involves removing the outer layer of cells of the cornea then reshaping the corneal tissue using an excimer laser.
- Cataracts – The procedure to remove cataracts is fast, painless, and has a high rate of success. The procedure involves replacing the eye’s natural lens with an intraocular lens (IOL) implant.
- Implantable Contacts – The Visian ICL is an Implantable Contact Lens that is placed behind the iris of the eye through a small incision, in order to correct myopia, or near-sightedness.
- Custom Monovision – Monovision is a technique where one eye (usually the dominant eye) is corrected for clear distance vision and the other eye is corrected for comfortable near vision. Monovision allows a person to see close objects clearly with one eye and distance objects clearly with the other eye.
- Pterygium Treatment – A pterygium is a benign growth which can afflict the white part of the eye (conjunctiva). If you think you may be affected by pterygium, contact the Laser Eye Center today and our doctors can meet with you to discuss the best treatment options for your needs.
- IntraLASIK – IntraLASIK is a bladeless LASIK procedure that relies on laser technology, rather than a microkeratome, to complete the first step of laser eye surgery – the creation of the corneal flap. This procedure uses the advanced and precise IntraLase FS Laser to reduce complication risks and establish clear vision for our patients
- Cosmetic Treatments – The Laser Eye Center now offers non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatments including BOTOX®, JUVÉDERM®, RADIESSE®, LATISSE®, and Restylane®.