ALLEGRETTO WAVE®400HZ is a revolutionary approach to laser vision correction that minimizes problems associated with older generation lasers, such as night vision reduction, glare and halos. The success of the ALLEGRETTO WAVE® can be directly measured by our patients’ remarkable improvement in visual acuity and their low-occurrence of side effects.
The ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Excimer Laser System is a leader in Wave Light technology, a revolutionary approach to laser vision correction. ALLEGRETTO WAVE® uses Wavefront-Optimized™ technology to automatically compensate for the curvature of the cornea. In earlier laser-correction systems, the optical zone, or area of correction, was centered on the front of the cornea. This resulted in a flattened, circular corneal area with an abrupt edge, causing unwanted side effects like poor night vision, glare and halos.
The ALLEGRETTO WAVE® incorporates PerfectPulse Technology™ to send precise pulses to the peripheral corneal area. This preserves the aspherical shape of the cornea in a way that older lasers could not. This combined with the incredibly small laser beam, produces a smooth, effective optical zone and results in significantly-improved vision. The ALLEGRETTO WAVE® features smart-energy control, eye-tracking technology and innovative and redundant safeguards. Results from clinical study of the ALLEGRETTO WAVE® have been extremely positive.
Highlights from Clinical Study:
- First system to allow customized correction for patients with presbyopia
- At one year after treatment, more than 93% of patients said they saw at least as well or better than they had with glasses or contacts before treatment.
- More than 98% of patients achieved 20/40 vision one year after treatment (20/40 is the level of visual acuity required to pass most driving tests).
- Nearly 60% of near-sighted patients achieved 20/16 vision after one year of treatment.
- Both near- and far-sighted patients reported an improvement in their reaction to bright lights and night driving glare after ALLEGRETTO WAVE® treatments. In addition, near-sighted patients reported an improvement in sensitivity to light.
- Predictable results are the norm for the ALLEGRETTO WAVE®. More than 90% of patients achieve refraction within 1 diopter of their target correction.
The Laser Center of Los Angeles and Orange County chose ALLEGRETTO WAVE® technology because it expands the boundaries of candidacy for LASIK. ALLEGRETTO WAVE® is a revolutionary approach to laser vision correction that minimizes problems associated with older generation lasers, such as night vision reduction, glare and halos. The success of the ALLEGRETTO WAVE® can be directly measured by our patients’ remarkable improvement in visual acuity and their low-occurrence of side effects.
There are certain conditions that may affect your candidacy for LASIK and ALLEGRETTO WAVE® . We encourage you to arrange an appointment with us to discuss the best vision-correction option.
Conditions That Affect LASIK and ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Candidacy:
- Under 18-years old (Since growth has not been fully completed, your eyes can still change. LASIK is not a good option.)
- Pregnancy or lactation (Pregnancy causes hormonal and, possibly, vision changes.)
- Glaucoma or high blood pressure
- Keratoconus a corneal irregularity
- Inflammation of the eye (uveitis, blepharitis or iritis)
- Herpes simplex that has infected the eye
- Previous severe injuries on the eye
- Corneal scars or infections
- Certain medications
- Unstable refraction
- Other diseases of the eye such as AMD, diabetic retinopathy, cataract or others
LASIK is also not recommended for patients with:
- Very large pupils
- Thin corneas
- Dry eye
- Unstable refractive errors
Please inform your doctor of all medications you are taking and any medical conditions that might affect the success of laser correction.