The quality of your vision is in direct correlation to the quality of life that you will lead. The loss or reduction of any optical capability can force you to live a much different lifestyle than you ever have. There are a plethora of symptoms that cause us to see differently, many of which can be characterized as eye or vision conditions. Several of these conditions (such as myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism) occur naturally and their symptoms are improved with: glasses, contact lenses or refractive surgery. Optometrists are trained to identify as well as treat these conditions. Comprehensive eye exams with a board-certified optometrist can help to ensure that you have the best vision possible.
- Myopia – or nearsightedness is a refractive error in which people retain the ability to see up close, however viewing objects from a distance is blurred or distorted. This is usually attributed to the eyeball being too long, or the cornea being too steep.
- Hyperopia – or farsightedness is a refractive error wherein people are able to focus on objects from a distance, but are not able to see up close due to the eyeball being too short, or other imperfections in the eye. Extreme cases of hyperopia have been known to limit vision from any distance.
- Astigmatism – is a refractive error in which blurry vision is prevalent due to excessive curvature in the lens or cornea. This curvature prohibits the retina from clearly displaying images.
- Presbyopia – is a condition of refractive error in which most of us will experience. Essentially, it refers to the eye’s progressive inability to focus on objects up close due to age-related factors. Monovision is a correctable method in treating presbyopia for some candidates.
- Dry Eye – is an optical disorder caused by a lack of necessary tear production usually leading to symptoms of dryness, redness, irritation and puffiness.
- Pterygium – Pterygium is an elevated growth on the conjunctiva. Patients who have Pterygium commonly experience eye irritation, discoloration and excessive tearing.
Schedule your free consult todayClick here to learn more
Get started on your journey to clearer, crisper vision with Laser Eye Center™. Our expert team of doctors are trained and skilled in the latest technology and methods for laser vision correction. To learn more about our state-of-the-art All Laser LASIK technology or about All Laser LASIK itself, contact us today. Schedule your FREE All Laser LASIK consultation by calling today.