VISION CORRECTION SERVICES
LASIK & Refractive Surgery IN LOS ANGELES, ORANGE COUNTY & THE INLAND EMPIRE
Surgical developments have advanced tremendously since the thirteenth century when two magnifying lenses were riveted together to form the first eye glasses. Today, developments in vision-correction surgery can minimize or eliminate a person’s dependency on glasses or contact lenses and potentially improve their vision to better than 20/20.
It’s not surprising that people with vision-problems are encouraged by the array of new procedures and technologies. When investigating which vision-correction procedure will work best for you, it’s important to research their advantages and disadvantages. It’s also important to know what to expect before, during and after the procedure. But, above all, you must have trust in your vision-correction surgeon.
An educated patient can significantly improve their success rate by understanding their procedure options and selecting an experienced vision-correction professional. Our doctors undergo extensive training for each vision-correction procedure or technology implemented at the Laser Eye Center™. Collectively, our surgeons and staff at Laser Eye Center™ of Los Angeles and Orange County have over 26 years of training in refractive surgery and have performed over 200,000 vision-correction procedures.
Currently we offer the following procedures:
- Modern All Laser LASIK – Just like your fingerprint is completely unique to you, Modern LASIK’s groundbreaking technology enables a vision correction treatment thatis uniquely yours −tailored to your individual eyes.
Heralded as the safest medical procedure in the world, this all laser topography-guided technology effectively treats nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism by capturing 22,000 unique points in each eye to treat your cornea’s every irregular curvature. In other words, freedom from contacts and glasses forever!
The result is to unlock exceptional vision quality to enable you to see sharp details, rich textures, and vivid colors every time you open your eyes.
- PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy) – PRK, Photorefractive Keratectomy, involves removing the outer layer of cells of the cornea then reshaping the corneal tissue using an excimer laser.
- Laser Cataract Surgery – The procedure to remove cataracts is fast, painless, and has a high rate of success. The procedure involves replacing the eye’s natural lens with an intraocular lens (IOL) implant. There are various IOL contact lenses available to treat myopia, hyperopia, as well as the multifocal IOL for presbyopia.
- Implantable Contacts – The Visian ICL is an Implantable Contact Lens that is placed behind the iris of the eye through a small incision, in order to correct myopia, or near-sightedness.
- Custom Monovision – Monovision is a technique where one eye (usually the dominant eye) is corrected for clear distance vision and the other eye is corrected for comfortable near vision. Monovision allows a person to see close objects clearly with one eye and distance objects clearly with the other eye.
- Pterygium Removal – A pterygium is a benign growth which can afflict the white part of the eye (conjunctiva). If you think you may be affected by pterygium, contact Laser Eye Center™ today and our doctors can meet with you to discuss the best treatment options for your needs.
- Dry Eye Treatment – Dry eye is a chronic and progressive disease that affects 30mn people, and 86% of it is attributable to Meibomian Gland Disease. Symptoms include tired eyes, redness, irritation, sensitivity to light, heated, and air-conditioned environments, as well as watery or itchy eyes.
So why Meibomian Gland Disease? In this modern age, we spend about 7.5 hours a day on a computer or phone screen. This causes us to blink less, ultimately damaging our tear film production system.
To combat this, Laser Eye Center presents the latest in dry eye technology — iLux. Similar to what a deep cleaning is for oral hygiene, iLux is a customizable and proven solution that provides lasting relief by encouraging the natural production of a healthy tear film and freeing you from the pain of dry eye!
- Cosmetic Treatments – The founding two pillars to selecting a cosmetic provider are experience and affordability! It’s really that simple!
As such, it is paramount to select a trusted name in the industry that has a demonstrable track-record and strong profile of experts.
We are proud to share that Laser Eye Center’s cosmetic division was born in 1997!
As a modern-day aesthetics provider serving Los Angeles, the Inland Empire and Orange County, we only offer the latest products and techniques in the industry that have been vetted based on proven results!