Dry Eye Syndrome is a condition that affects millions of Americans. Dry eye syndrome is when the eye is unable to maintain a healthy layer of tears to coat it. Here are some tips on how you can treat your dry eye symptoms:
- Rewetting drops called artificial tears (such as Systane or Refresh Tears)
- Hot compresses or eyelash cleaning
- Omega 3 fatty acid supplements (flax seed or fish oil)
- Restasis prescription eye drops
- Humidifier at home, especially when sleeping
- For advanced dryness, tiny plugs placed in the tear drainage ducts help the tears stay on the surface of the eye
And drink plenty of water!
Please check back with us for more useful #eyecare tips.
– Dr. Richard Elhaj, O.D.
Laser Eye Center™
Schedule your free consult todayClick here to learn more
Get started on your journey to clearer, crisper vision with Laser Eye Center™. Our expert team of doctors are trained and skilled in the latest technology and methods for laser vision correction. To learn more about our state-of-the-art All Laser LASIK technology or about All Laser LASIK itself, contact us today. Schedule your FREE All Laser LASIK consultation by calling today.