Did you know that…
Up to 30 to 50% of U.S. residents have allergy symptoms. Among these, 75% have symptoms that affect their eyes (Allergic diseases of the eye. Medical Clinics of North America. January 2006).
Common allergy symptoms include:
– Itchy, watery, swollen, red eyes
– Runny nose
– Discomfort from contact lens wear
Causes of ocular allergies:
– Most common: dust, mold, pollen, and pet dander
– Uncommon: certain eye drops or medications, preservatives found in artificial tears or medications
– Avoid and protect yourself from allergies by using filters, sunglasses, and drive with windows closed
– Cool compressors
– Eye drops (over the counter or prescription)
If the allergy symptoms are not relieved by the first two methods, it would be best to contact your eye doctor for further evaluation and proper treatment. There may be other conditions present with similar symptoms; therefore it is best to see an eye doctor for further evaluation.
If wearing contact lenses has become uncomfortable due to allergens, it may be wise to consider refractive surgery as a form of laser vision correction.
– Dr. Marianna Petrosyan, O.D.
Laser Eye Center™
Schedule your free consult todayClick here to learn more
Get started on your journey to clearer, crisper vision with Laser Eye Center™. Our expert team of doctors are trained and skilled in the latest technology and methods for laser vision correction. To learn more about our state-of-the-art All Laser LASIK technology or about All Laser LASIK itself, contact us today. Schedule your FREE All Laser LASIK consultation by calling today.